De Cheng An: the largest hockshop in Macao
"De Cheng An" began to build in 1917, used to be the largest hockshop in Macao, belonged to merchant prince names Gao Ke ning. It had not been using after completing a course in 1993. In 2001, Macao SAR Government spent 1,400,000 ao yuan in restoring and maintaining, and then handing it to civilian-run enterprises. From then on, "De Cheng An" had beening opened to public as the "Pawnbroking Exhibition" and "Cultural Assembly Hall". Due to the successful protection and utilization case of this history construction, it was honored with 2004 UNESCO Heritage Award.